Herringbone Tile Bathroom Remodel
Myers Park, Tallahassee
Lead Designer: Kristi Williams
Project Manager: Jim Ledman
Project Overview: This bathroom had been poorly updated by the previous homeowner before selling the house. It had a cheap vanity and closet like shower. We gutted the whole room, fixed some plumbing issues, installed a larger vanity, added better ventiallation and opened up the shower.
The herringbone tile that carries from the shower into the bathroom really steals the show and not only makes the bath feel large but it gives it more of a luxury feel as well.
Herringbone Tile Shower Project: Before / After Photos
McManus Kitchen and Bath is a full service design build remodeling company with our own showroom right here in Tallahassee. We provide high quality remodeling services for discerning homeowners who want great design, high quality construction and a worry free remodeling experience. Contact us to schedule a consult.
Herringbone Tile Remodel
Start Date: Oct 4, 2022
Completion Date: Dec 15th, 2022
Total Cost: $52,962
Want Some Inspiration In Your Inbox?
herringbone tile in the shower and custom shower ledge
- Demo Bath – Remove everything
- Add plugs, move switches
- Add lighting, add ventillation (110 CFM bath fan)
- frame for barn door
- Tile shower, new shower fixtures
- Larger vantiy
- Better lighting, better ventillation
- Center toilet on window
- Create a ‘luxury bath’ feel
Challenges And Solutions
This project occurred during the pandemic. The project itself ran pretty much on schedule but we did have issues with a few materials. The mirror and barn door handles for example did not arrive until a week after the project was complete.
Other than that the only issue was a faulty bath fan which had to be replaced. The project finished just one week after the originally planned completion date.
- Proposed project start date: October 4th, 2022
- Actual Project Start date: Oct 4th 2022
- Proposed Completion date: December 6th
- Actual Completion date: December 15th
Herringbone Tile Project: Project Costs
Initial Estimate: At the end our iniital design and budget consult the cost for this project was estimated at $48,155
Fixed price propsoal: At the end of the design process the final fixed price proposal we presented was for $52,962 about 10% more than the original budget.
Reasons for increase/Decrease:
- Labor costs can in a little higher than expected.
- Adding the herringbone tile pattern and carrying the pattern on the wall outside the shower added about $3000 to the project cost
We put a lot of effort into design and planning to avoid unexpected change orders. There were no change orders needed on this project.
Herrignbone tile project: entering the bathroom
Herringbone Tile Project:
Materails and Fixtures Used
- Cabinets and Counters
- Frameless Semi Custom Cabinets by Luxor cabinets
- Silestone Etherial Glow Countertops installed by Southern Tops
- Maple door with Tan stain, Doorstyle is called Wisdom
- Allenglade Cabinet pulls from Rejuvanation
- Floating shelves from West Elm
- Shower and Tile
- Caroline 2″x20″ Tile laid in Herringbone pattern from Tilebar
- Floor tile is 12×24 Cove Creek from Daltile
- Shower floor tile is Shoji White Round Mosaic from Bedrosians Tile
- Kohler Hint Widespread Faucet
- Kohler Honesty Shower Trim package
- Minimlaist Flare Sconce from Shades of light
- Broan Chroma Comfort 110 CFM Bath Fan
- Other Fixtures and Accessories
- Urban Woodcraft barn door, painted white with mirror: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Urban-Woodcraft-Painted-White-Prefinished-Mirror-Panel-Mirror-Pine-Barn-Door-Hardware-Included-Common-40-in-x-83-in-Actual-40-in-x-83-in/1000790998
Final Project Photos
Schedule a Design and
- Clarify Your Design Ideas with 3D Renderings
- Detailed Estimate of Materials and Labor
- Explore material and fixture options in our showroom